Up Down: Des Moines' Arcade Bar
Up-Down Des Moines features more than 40 arcade games from the ‘80s and ‘90s, pinball machines, three classic skee-ball alleys, Nintendo and Sega console gaming, and life-size Jenga and Connect Four.
All games cost just 25 cents. Our drink menu includes an extensive craft beer selection with 20 beers on tap and even more bottles and cans, as well as ‘80s and ‘90s inspired cocktails.
Monday-Friday 5:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Saturday 2:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Sunday 2:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
(Must be 21+ to enter)
Have a question? Shoot us an email
500 East Locust Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
- Monday – $3 Domestic tall boys, $1 off all tap beer, free token with every drink purchase
- Tuesday – Local Beer Night: $1 off all Iowa Beer plus three free tokens with purchase
- Wednesday – 2 for 1 tokens all night, $3 domestic tall boys
- Thursday – $1 off signature drinks and shots, 10 cent tokens
- Friday – FREE PLAY FRIDAY – First 100 people get 20 free tokens (excluding monthly Coins for a Cause event), Six-Pack and A Pound: $25 for a six-pack of beer and a pound of tokens until 9pm, $20 Fireball/Candy Shot Skis (5 person), $4 Blanka’s Electric Lemonades, $4 Fireball all night, $2 slices until 8pm
- Saturday – 2 for 1 tokens from 2pm to 9pm, $20 Fireball/Candy Shot skis (5 person), $4 Fireball, $4 Candy Infusions
- Sunday – Six-Pack and A Pound: $25 for a six-pack of beer and a pound of tokens in an Up-Down fanny pack, $1 off all bombs, 2 for 1 tokens and $3 tall boys all day
Games High Score Competitions Are Coming Soon!
Current Arcade Lineup
Games lineup is added to and rotated constantly. Check back for new games!
Current Pinball Lineup
- Classic skee-ball lanes
- Game tables including life-size Jenga and Connect Four
- Nintendo 64 games (rotating stock) on a giant projector screen
- Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega console games (rotating stock)